Sunday, November 11, 2012

Entry 58

Recently I was able to aid in the lighting set up for the play Ensemble. It was an enjoyable experience working with the lighting fixtures and trying new hanging arrangements. But, while I was busy hanging those lights I noticed there were a lot of things I noticed about how the lights interacted with each other that I just couldn't really explain. Like how a light will look one color when it is by itself but when another light is present that color seems to change. The relationship between intensity and color is something I've written about almost every other post but really what is the deal. I wish I knew a little more about the science of light and how it works; like why the shape and angle of objects change when passing through a transparent surface like water or glass. Or just how far you could go in either infrared or ultra-violet light. Like how if you get something cold enough it feels like a burn, can you have a light so ultra-violet it behaves like an infrared. Mostly, the whole experience of hanging lights, observing light, and pondering about lights made me wonder if I have run out of things to say. Just how much can a person write about their uninformed observations of lights before they have to start doing calculations and experiments to learn more.

No comments:

Post a Comment