Sunday, September 23, 2012

Entry 43

I was fiddling around with a Lee filters sample book and wanted to see how the reflectors (ie the L270, L271, and L273) worked. I grabbed a flashlight and lit up a finger with a lee reflector swatch on the other site so it could catch and reflect the flashlight's beam onto the other side of the finger which was not struck by the light. L270 was a metallic silver sheet full of holes and the light it reflected looked as though it had passed through a cheese grater. L271 was completely flat yet it also reflected a holey looking light when I though it would reflect an even light. When I looked at it closer I noticed that the smooth sheen was actually full of small groves and only looked flat. Then I reflected light off L273 which was a full of groves like 271, but these groves were much bigger, like crumpled up tinfoil. Oddly enough it was this sample which reflected the smoothest light.

No comments:

Post a Comment