Saturday, September 22, 2012

Entry 41







 




Picture of Oprah Winfrey


So for this comparison I'll be looking at a random image and a copy of the same image but with some of my own manipulations so that I can try some lighting design of my own. So here we have two images of Oprah Winfrey the one on the left is the original and the one on the right is the image with the level of orange ramped up to represent lighting the scene through an orange filter. Orange filters block out blue light so the multicolored background becomes almost completely one shade, though the corners do seem a little green. Also the grey and yellow cloths of the two people in the lower right corner become practically the same color. So under an orange filter blues, greys, and yellows all turn to orange. The only color that is really enhanced by the orange filter is the reds in Oprah's shirt. This would be very helpful if I were designing a scene where I needed one person to stand out and the costumes in the scene were a mix of blues greys and yellows.

No comments:

Post a Comment