Friday, August 24, 2012

Entry 3

Why is it that artificial light never moves people? Songs, paintings, and hundreds of photographs have been dedicated to pale moon light,  colorful sunsets, and glorious dawns that sweep away the night. But artificial light is largely ignored. I was just sitting at my desk when I realized its very hard to describe the artificial lights in large buildings. A single bare bulb has character. It is a symbol of innovation and epiphany. But, when you put a whole bunch of bulbs together they just die. Artificial light is very bland almost soulless. In fact thinking back now the only times I can think of artificial light being used as another character of a scene of a movie is during moments of extreme destitution, paranoia, or pain. This maybe my own subjective beliefs, but I think I will expand on idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment